Partner Acquisition Manager (Remote Volunteer Opportunity)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Helping Hands Community
At Helping Hands Community (HHC), we're building technology to empower the organizations that serve our communities. Our technology platform empowers community partners--including food banks and pantries, service providers, and healthcare organizations--to deliver groceries and other essential supplies at scale through our network of delivery partners and volunteers.
We're a nonprofit organization, founded by veterans of Uber, Facebook, and Google during the COVID-19 pandemic. After one year of operations, we're proud to report that the Helping Hands platform has partnered with 20+ organizations to deliver food to more than 50,000 U.S. households.
To grow and extend our impact far beyond the pandemic, we received a $250,000 seed investment from Pivotal Ventures, an innovation and incubation company created by Melinda Gates to advance social progress. Join us to help our communities with tech-enabled social services.About the Role:
The Partner Acquisition Manager is tasked with developing partnerships with food banks and pantries, community groups, and other organizations that deliver food and groceries to homebound individuals in their communities. The person filling this role will build account-based outreach plans to engage potential partner decision makers and drive the sales cycle through the commercial agreement process.
We're looking for a sales professional with proven success driving customer acquisition and developing trusted relationships within their accounts, and with a passion for service and our mission to help our communities address food insecurity through technology.What You'll Do:
- Own prospect targeting strategy and list. Effectively modify targeting strategy based on market feedback.
- Guide and mentor sales team members
- Research prospective partners in target market to understand scope of current home delivery programs and identify key decision makers
- Engage account-based outreach plans, reaching out to organizations via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Conduct discovery calls with key decision makers to understand needs and qualify into the sales process
- Understand unique partner challenges and their environment to customize outreach messages and tailor our solution's offerings to meet their needs
- Leverage HHC executive team and subject matter experts as needed to support conversations
- Relay market trends and potential partner feedback to the HHC team
- Work closely with the Partner Success team to ensure a positive onboarding and pilot experience for your new partners with HHC
- Meticulously maintain Hubspot CRM. Develop new sales processes and techniques that can be easily adopted by the rest of the team.
- Capture and analyze sales and market data to inform outreach strategies
- You have 3+ years of experience in sales, pre-sales, or business development, preferably selling technology solutions to businesses
- You are comfortable engaging multiple levels from executives to operations teams within an organization
- Experience managing a sales team and developing sales processes and strategies preferred
- You are passionate about giving back and scaling social impact through technology
- You are a proactive and curious learner. The food bank market conditions can change quickly and you are the front line for HHC to understand shifts in the market
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You can write succinct emails, discuss business objectives with an executive, and explain how a product works to non-technical stakeholders
- You are a clear and effective communicator. We're a distributed team that often works asynchronously so we're extra mindful about communication and careful CRM use
- Ability to commit up to 5-10 hours/week for the next 3-6 months. Availability to support partner meetings during weekday business hours required.
Helping Hands Community is a team of volunteers that mobilized last year to help slow the spread of COVID-19. The majority of volunteers are devoting time outside of their other job to support the Helping Hands Community. The demands for a role like this require someone who can devote 5-10 hours per week to this position. Because the team is dispersed across the country and due to the unique hours individuals are working, frequent use of communication channels like Slack and email are critical to ensure no one is bottlenecking decisions or tasks.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1221 Bridgeway Suite 2, CASausalito, CA 94965
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK