Technology Officers (Data Science & Engineer / DevOps / Full Stack Dev)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Blockchain & Climate Institute
The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain and other data technologies in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking for a passionate professional who takes a methodological approach to their work, conducts independent research and analysis, engages with key stakeholders and establishes strategic partnerships to progress the BCI’s core mission.
The technical roles considered will aim to support end-to-end projects, from the start this will involve business or domain knowledge understanding (e.g. finance, energy, forestry, etc) until a fully productionise data driven pipeline that delivers valuable insights. This entire pipeline can include (among others): "Data Scientists" developing machine learning and other statistical models, "Data Engineers"performing ETLs (Extract, Transform, Load) and other data wrangling tasks, "DevOps" supporting the entire hybrid IT Infrastructure (e.g. cloud, on premise)and"Full Stack Developers" supporting front end and back of Apps (e.g. Web, Mobile, APIs, etc).
The amazing opportunity provided by this role will help the successful candidate to improve their skills in a wide range of cutting-edge technologies while helping to support a good cause. Technology Officers will be appointed to a specific technical role (e.g. Data Scientist, DevOps, etc) or could be general in order to accommodate their personal interest and future career development. These roles will work extensively with other roles within BCI to support technical projects that could involve a wide range of Data Technologies, not just Distributed Ledgers (e.g. Blockchains, Directed Acyclic Graph) but also Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Thing, etc. In the Technology Officer Grade, volunteers with more experience may be appointed as Principal or Senior Technology Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide technical support for members of working groups in areas such as renewable energy, carbon trading, forest monitoring, natural resource management, blockchain technology, artificial intelligence, etc.
- To generate opportunities for strategic partnerships;
- To attend conferences and events to promote the BCI, communicate research findings and insights via Powerpoint decks and engage with key stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure;
- Strong technical skills (e.g. math and coding skills) and detail orientated;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas appropriately and persuasively;
- Sense of mission and willingness to learn not just about technology but also about all other aspects that could be necessary to learn in order deliver impactful climate actions; and
- Aptitude in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish (desirable).
General &Specialist Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge or interest on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance, blockchain technology and artificial intelligence preferred.
Education & Training:
- A relevant degree or training in relevant discipline preferred; and
- Experience in software development or other technical aspect of data driven systems.
- Proven ability in computing or math related tasks of Agile technology projects;
- A portfolio of supported Open Source GitHub projects (desirable);
- Experience in building constructive relationships with stakeholders;
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative; and
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating independent research and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- All Volunteers are expected to commit at least one day per week on average.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
London, England N1 7SRUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK