Volunteer Finance Consultant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Empower Success Corps
Would you like to use your hard-earned finance skills to give back in a meaningful way to the community you care about? Interested in being a part of a network of more than 175 trained consultants with lifelong skills and distinguished management careers?
Empower Success Corps (ESC), a nonprofit organization, seeks seasoned finance professionals for high-impact, skills-based volunteer opportunities.
ESC provides valuable management consulting and capacity building services to nonprofits across New England. By matching nonprofits with high-caliber, volunteer consultants, ESC helps organizations operate more effectively to better meet the needs of their communities.
• Over 20 years of experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: corporate finance, accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, financial audits, cash flow projections and grants management
• History of involvement with nonprofits as a board member or volunteer preferable
• Commitment to 1-2 projects per year
• Able to do occasional travel to client’s location at times that fit client’s needs
• Attendance at ESC training courses and seminars
• Analysis and critical thinking: able to effectively analyze situations and think strategically
• Versatility: work well with diverse groups of people and types of nonprofits
• Strong communication skills: active listening, writing, speaking and presenting
• Passion: genuine interest in helping nonprofits succeed
• Computer skills: email and Word required; PowerPoint helpful
What You Gain by Volunteering for ESC:
• Use knowledge, skills and wisdom you have gained throughout your career to help New England nonprofits.
• Collaborate and connect with inspiring, like-minded people who are motivated by the satisfaction of creating lasting change.
• Impact a broad array of nonprofit organizations versus volunteering for just one or two.
• Enhance lifelong learning experiences through professional training and challenging engagements.
• Receive a deep sense of fulfillment from contributing to a dynamic professional organization that helps New England nonprofits achieve their missions.
• Make a difference in your community within a flexible, part-time schedule.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
176 Federal StreetBoston, MA 02110
December 30, 2021