Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Our Ark
Street Outreach Specialist: This position provides outreach and navigation services to street youth aged 13-25 who are homeless or experiencing housing insecurity. Assist homeless kids on the streets as well as build a relationship and learn about the kids, their street lives and how to help them. It is important to build a trusting a relationship with the kids and this requires consistent outreach efforts--at least once a week. They will gradually begin to trust you as you listen, support and help them and eventually, you will become instrumental in their return to a life off the streets.
Outreach counselor’s work with youth on the streets:
1. Encourage the youth and let them know that we are there for them and that there are better alternatives
2. Inform the youth of available resources and services
3. Help the youth find a job
4. Provide the youth with food and hygiene products
5. Teach the youth necessary life skills to help get them off the streets
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Olympia, WA 98509
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK