Coyote Board of Directors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Coyote Central
The Board of Directors supports the work of Coyote and provides mission-based strategic governance. Board support is essential to achieving Coyote’s mission and maintaining the organization’s financial and administrative health.
- Serve as an engaged and informed advisor to the Executive Director, which requires familiarizing yourself with monthly updates, quarterly financial reports, annual reports, and any governance issues as they arise)
- Serve on at least one board committee or task force (Finance, Equity & Inclusion, Board Development, etc.)
- Represent Coyote to stakeholders and act as an ambassador for the organization, including soliciting donations on behalf of Coyote
- Review and approve Coyote’s annual budget and work plan, ensuring that Coyote meets all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Work to ensure that Coyote’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is carried out
- Contribute a monetary or in-kind donation each year that is personally significant, ideally through monthly giving; also set a personal goal each year for bringing in individual gifts from others.
- A commitment to Coyote’s mission and values
- Experience or expertise in a field relevant to Coyote’s mission and/or governance (i.e. legal, finance, art, community outreach, youth education, organization logistics, development, etc.)
- Coyote’s board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for at least one additional 3-year term
- Ten board meetings are held each year (no meetings in August and December)
- Committees and task forces usually meet 5-10 time per year
- Special events are held throughout the year, including the annual auction fundraiser in November, summer BBQ in June, bi-monthly guest chef dinners, art showcases/openings, and other community-building events. Although not required, board members make an effort to attend as many of these events as possible. The annual auction and community BBQ are important events for board members to attend.
- Outside of events and regular meetings, board members can expect to spend at least 2 hours per month engaging with Coyote
Mission: Coyote sparks creativity in young people, putting tools in their hands to build skills and forge their futures.
Vision: An equitable world powered by curiosity, creativity, and collaboration.
Commitment to Equity: Coyote strives to lead with equity in everything we do. We acknowledge that our communities have been adversely affected by longstanding white supremacy and privilege, creating barriers in access to creative opportunities for low-income communities, immigrant and refugee communities, and communities of color. We aim to dismantle these barriers by engaging diverse voices in our decision-making processes and continually pursuing new knowledge about equity.
We start with a racial equity lens but also address inequity in income, gender identity, culture, language, ability, and any other oppression that our community might experience.
Learn More: coyotecentral.org/mission
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2300 E. Cherry St.Seattle, WA 98122
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH