Email Marketing Manager (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: WhoWhatWhy
Email Marketing Manager (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/work-from-home.
Are you experienced in email marketing? Are you passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism that is in the public’s interest? Can you commit 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
WhoWhatWhy is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Digital Marketing team. As an email marketing manager , you will be responsible for planning and developing our overall email marketing strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring alignment with our email campaign framework and overseeing the campaign process while working with multiple, internal teams.
This is an opportunity to build and advance our email communication strategy while working with smart and talented individuals who are committed to producing great journalism.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free, news organization. We are not left wing, not right wing, and not consensus-seeking; we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface -- and we do not back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions or groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
We value all experience levels. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Develop our email communication strategy and identify proper approaches to increase viewer engagement, retention, and growth.
- Manage email campaigns for the Digital Marketing Team, including setup, testing, deployment, and reporting.
- Identify email marketing outreach gaps and design programs to address each gap with the goal of increasing and improving subscriber outreach.
- Monitor the latest email marketing trends and learnings and apply them to the overall email strategy as they align with key performance indicators (KPIs) and company goals.
- Coordinate with social leads on audience growth, retention initiatives, and brand awareness strategy.
- Build and maintain email databases, sustain relationships with email service providers, and stay up to date on platform changes and/or upgrades that could impact marketing operations.
- 1+ years of marketing experience in an e-commerce and/or subscription marketing environment.
- Experience with email marketing platforms (i.e., Mailchimp, Constant Contact, ActiveCampaign, Benchmark email, Pardot, Sendinblue).
- Experience with creative briefing and execution management.
- Experience with creating action plans and completing target campaigns on schedule.
- Experience with analyzing reports for trends in KPIs and applying knowledge to campaign direction.
- Knowledge of HTML, CMS, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Office preferred.
- Highly proficient in web analytics platforms (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, Clicky).
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong project management experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, using good organizational skills.
- Hands-on team player with a collaborative mindset and interest in moving business goals forward.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization.
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory.
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis.
- Have fun while you make a difference.
You will be expected to attend your department meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 1103New York, NY 10276
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME