Volunteer Russian Language Meetup Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Torus
Torus is a new 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bridge gaps between people and communities by facilitating transformative experiences of language and culture exchange. Torus is looking for bilingual Russian/English speakers who can facilitate weekly Zoom meetups for people learning Russian. The purpose of the language meetup is to provide a space for participants to communicate in their target language through discussion and fun activities. The Russian Meetup is every week Wednesday from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Pacific Time.
This role is...
Transformative: Volunteers can connect with individuals who are interested in learning their language through discussions and activities. This meetup is important for people to find a community to improve their language abilities.
Flexible: The platform Meetup is used to outreach to potential people who participate in this group. Every week participants can vary and participants of all levels are welcome. Volunteers in this role have to be flexible and plan sessions that are engaging for everyone.
Intercultural: This opportunity creates a space for mutual development of intercultural competency. All participants get an opportunity to learn how to navigate and develop awareness, attitudes, knowledge, and skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with people of other cultures.
Skills and Attributes
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Bilingual in Russian and English
- Desire to help others communicate in their target language
- Flexibility, empathy, enthusiasm, openness
- Willingness to be awkward, try new things, take direction, give direction
- Participate in 2 meetup sessions before hosting the Russian Language Meetup
- Plan activities and discussion questions utilizing the resources available on the Torus Better Impact page
- Facilitate 1 hour per week + spend 30-60 minutes on prep and reporting
- Keep all meetup participants engaged
- Respond calmly, humorously, and decisively to the challenges that present themselves
- Promptly communicate with staff members and other volunteers via WhatsApp, text, or email
This is an unpaid volunteer position
Please fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering:
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
5859 Southeast 92nd AvenuePortland, OR 97266
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK