Volunteer Remote Resume Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Maryland New Directions
A Volunteer Remote Resume Writer is able to assist, via telephone or other communication applications, job seekers who are not able to visit the No One Waits (N.O.W.) computer lab for creating and updating their resumes. Individuals will rely on you to present their job qualifications, areas of expertise and work experiences in a professional resume.
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to efficiently communicate with clients, job seekers and job coaches
· Ability to interact patiently, constructively and cooperatively with clients, job seekers, volunteers and staff
- Intermediate computer skills - understanding of Microsoft Office, Email and Internet
· Must be comfortable interviewing individuals via phone, email, or other virtual media applications to compile information
· Keen attention to detail and excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Must be able to meet deadlines and hold responsive communication with clients and job seekers
· Experience in Human Resources and as a hiring manager preferred but not required.
· Assist clients and job seekers one-on-one by guiding them through the resume creation and updating process
· Using the phone, email or other communication applications, discuss the skills and educational and work histories with job seeker
· Work with clients and job seekers of all skill levels
· Complete Remote Resume Tracking form and submit volunteer hours
· Adhere to specific time allocations for completion
◦Time dedicated for individual resume - maximum 2 hours
◦Expected return of resume to client/job seeker - 24 to 48 business hours
· Commit to serve when needed
◦A commitment of at least three months is ideal and helps us provide consistent support
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2700 N. Charles StreetSuite 200Baltimore, MD 21218
December 30, 2021