Recruitment Team Member - Ross County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Did you know that 90% of the American Red Cross workforce is comprised of volunteers?
Become part of the excitement of recruiting new volunteers to the American Red Cross! The Volunteer Recruitment Team assists with the recruitment of volunteers from diverse communities in order to support all the branches of the American Red Cross in order to fulfill the mission.
This volunteer position is flexible and can be catered to your strengths, likes and time restraints! Team members who love public speaking handle community presentations while others who are not comfortable in front of groups help with material distribution, social media and scheduling! Have a creative side, we have something for you too!
- Attend local outreach opportunities which can include (i.e. community engagement fairs, speaking engagements, blood drives, etc.)
- Present volunteer recruitment materials to the community
- Encourage community members
- Regularly communicate with Volunteer Services to be sure that information shared is up to date
- Goal Development
- Attend monthly recruitment team meetings
- Assist in scheduling events for the Recruitment Team
- Help develop new and out-of-the-box recruitment strategies
- Assist distribution of educational materials about the American Red Cross to (i.e. hanging posters, passing out flyers, etc.)
- Virtual recruitment activities online (i.e. posting or webinars)
- Punctual and dependable
- Enthusiasm for the American Red Cross mission and its programs
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver great customer service
- Public relations experience (a plus)
- Excellent written communication skills (a plus)
- Ability to speak in public (a plus)
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in a positive and professional manner
- Willingness to learn about all programs in the American Red Cross
- Ability and willingness to learn and use Red Cross technology platforms
Training is provided at no cost. The Volunteer Services Department asks that each person in this position give 5-10 hours of service per month or 2-4 events a month.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Chillicothe, OH 43205
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity