Policy and Advocacy Officer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Community Centre for Integrated Development
We are looking for a passionate and result driven individual to fill the role of Policy and Advocacy Officer to manage and engage on our policy related work including making submissions to treaty monitoring bodies. This role can be performed from any part of the world (remote location). We are particularly interested in developing programs that allow us to monitor SRHR, promote human rights, gender equality in Cameroon and write Policy briefs and position papers from a youthful perspective. The purpose of this placement includes:
- Leading the development and implementation of effective SRHR policy and advocacy strategies
- Support in developing curricula and materials related to Adolescent SRHR, women's rights and human rights programming
- Generate evidence regarding policy implication of SRHR, gender equality and human rights on young people in Cameroon.
- Produce and disseminate learning documents/success stories regarding convergence between SRH, gender equality and human rights based approach
- Monitoring and helping to shape the evolving policy narratives and calls to action around the special focus policy issues
- Developing the materials and mechanisms for the capacity building of young people, youth organizations and other advocates to take the form of policy dialogues and advocacy
- Drafting policy statements and editorial content for CCID to help advance and respond to policy moments on the issues relevant
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
P O Box 1505 Molyko, Buea.South west Region CameroonExpress Union Building, Checkpoint, Buea, Cameroon
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK