Disaster Response Volunteer - Franklin County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Have compassion to share?
Want to make a difference for someone in need?
Can you make some time to help in your community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we need you as a Disaster Action Team Member! Disaster Action Team Members work as part of a team to provide 24-hour response to local disasters, primarily house fires, ensuring victims have basic necessities such as shelter, food and clothing.
Become the best part of someone's worst day! Volunteer with the American Red Cross, Disaster Cycle Services Department TODAY!
- Willingness to support the Red Cross Mission
- Must commit to and be available to respond on-call when you register for a shift
- Ensure clients affected by disaster have their immediate needs met
- Be cooperative and professional
- Conduct client interviews
- Assess damage in homes
- Provide needed resources to clients
- Request additional resources/help when needed
- Able to communicate between email and telephone
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to provide one-on-one support to persons in crisis
- Willing to respond as needed in challenging conditions (i.e. all weather types and long hours)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and use technology related to the position
- Ability to complete all required training in a timely manner
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that all disaster response volunteers complete all essential training and volunteer a minimum number of hours a month.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
995 East Broad StreetColumbus, OH 43205
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy