Help Military and Veteran Families in Allegheny County - Join our Casework Team Today!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater PA Region
Purpose: Ensure military families' needs are met when faced with an urgent need.
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red
- Cross client services consistently and correctly
- Support the critical community services cases; which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies; and the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Successful American Red Cross background check
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
- Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
December 30, 2021