Director of Finance - Board of Directors Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Capoeira Social Project
We are searching for a highly-analytical Director of Finance to oversee our company’s financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with input on best practices for company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
Your duties include establishing targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company towards profitability and success.
You will not need to perform accounting duties but advise on best practices.
- Responsible for financial documentation needed in the grant writing process for review by any auditing authority.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Perform regular financial analysis. Analyzing and reporting on financial performance
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of Projects and Programs
- Establish financial targets and advise on how to reach them.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
- Overseeing audit and tax functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Baltimore, MD 21224
December 30, 2021