Acting & Theater Instructor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become an Acting & Theater Instructor at our non-profit organization!
Overview: Are you a professional interested in imparting your wisdom to teen and young children? Would you like to empower our youth and inspire them to enter your field of Acting & Theater?
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate and skilled volunteers to provide introductory Acting & Theater classes to teens and young children. The selected volunteer will facilitate virtual classes teaching youth about how to utilize acting, movement and speech to create believable performances.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of students once or twice per week
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Teach students the fundamentals of acting theory, scene study, script analysis and voice and diction.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of theatrical arts and various acting methods
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase performance.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Prior experience in Acting/Theater
- Prior teaching experience working with teens and young children is preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- A degree or certification in Acting or Theater is a plus but not required
- Must be 18+ years old
Location: Remote [Virtual Only]
Salary: Unpaid [Volunteer Position]
Hours and commitment: Must be available 5 hours per week (Monday - Friday) between the hours of 2pm and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment.
Benefit: Boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable teaching experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK