Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Borland Free Clinic
The Borland Free Clinic is the only free clinic in Washington County and the only free clinic that sees both children and adults within Clackamas County. We aim to address the primary care needs of the uninsured and underinsured members of our community, as well as those who are falling through the insurance gap.
The Volunteer Nurse supports the patients and providers of the clinic by escorting patients to the exam area, recording vital signs, documenting in the patient’s medical record, cleaning exam rooms after patient use, and stocking supplies in exam rooms.
The Volunteer Nurse should be available on clinic days (Monday and Thursday) during clinic hours (3:00-7:00 pm). Each shift will be 4 hours long.
RNs, LPNs, and MAs may be trained to perform this job. One year of direct patient care experience is required. A successful Volunteer Nurse will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational, problem solving, and decision making capabilities. The volunteer must like to work in a fast-paced team environment and be flexible with tasks. This volunteer also needs to have compassionate listening skills. Experience working with underserved populations is not required but is helpful.
- Rooming patients
- Patient intake
- Complete patient assessments related to reasons for visit, recommends number of visits
- Complete social histories, smoking, alcohol, and recreational drug use
- Document allergies
- Record vital signs, weight, and O2 stats (if indicated)
- Record chief complaints and communicates them to the physician
- Perform the following emergency procedures if necessary (all instructions will be provided):
- O2 tank
- Nitrous Oxide
- Perform the following nursing procedures if necessary
- Minor wound care
- Ear irrigations
- Assist physicians with minor procedures
- Administer injections (i.e., flu vaccine)
- Schedules outside tests, referrals, and follow up appointments as directed
- Returns patient phone calls as needed
- Cleans clinical area and patient rooms
- Provides discharge instructions
- Provides adult patient education such as diabetes, hypertension, and documents it in the chart
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3550 SW Borland RdTualatin, OR 97062
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH