Volunteer Group Co-Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Humankind Charity
Could you use your transferable skills and experience to support people looking to make changes to their substance use, in a welcoming environment?
This role involves assisting the team of an established drugs and alcohol recovery service, HAGA / HRS, to support people who are in recovery in group settings. The aim of these groups is to build networks of support and build upon recovery and the skills and resilience to sustain it. Examples of groups a volunteer could support are: Men’s / Women’s Group, SMART Recovery, Recovery Sustainment.
At the moment our groups are happening both in person and via Zoom. Ideally this role is in person at our site as but there is likely to be scope to get involved remotely.
Please be aware that due to proposed changes in legislation, for volunteer roles based at CQC registered services, an offer is likely to be subject to providing evidence of two COVID vaccines. Haringey Recovery Service is a CQC registered service so this will apply here. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like more information.
- Details of the role:Co-facilitating a group session, for example, Recovery Sustainment
- Generally speaking positively about recovery with service users and supporting them
- Signposting to other activity / support the service and partners offer
- Liaising with staff and service users to gain feedback about the service which helps inform decisions and support
- Adhering to policies related to areas such as safeguarding, information governance and health and safety
We would love you to bring to this role:
- Clear verbal/written communication skills
- A confident and friendly approach
- A willingness to learn
- Basic IT skills - we can help you to gain or build on these
- An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance
- Willingness to undergo a DBS check if required for the role
- Be respectful and non-judgemental
- Willing to attend and complete relevant training
- To participate in regular supervision sessions with your supervisor
What Volunteers Can Expect From Us:
- Regular supervision and support
- Induction and access to online and face to face training
- To learn and practice new skills within a team work setting
- To feel part of a team and the wider Humankind organisation
- Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey
- Opportunities to progress and experience other areas of Humankind's work in the region
Our workplace values are:
- Honest: we are open and realistic, building trusted relationships in which we challenge, collaborate and change.
- Committed: we are passionate about being the best that we can be, and we do this by keeping people at the heart of everything that we do.
- Inventive: we are ambitious, drawing together skills and resources to innovate and adapt in determined pursuit of our mission.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seven Sisters RoadLondon, England DH6 5PFUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK