Volunteer Secretary at Surfrider Foundation DC Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Surfrider Foundation, DC Chapter
Join the Surfrider Foundation's DC Chapter executive team as the Secretary! This is a volunteer position.
Secretary - Must be a Surfrider Foundation Member, 2 to 10 hours a week, 2-year commitment, one chapter meeting per month and or Executive Committee meeting per month. Not a member, no worries - join here!
The Secretary is responsible for the Chapters records (minutes) and correspondence. The Secretary keeps an accurate record of the meetings and topics of discussion of the Chapter and of the Executive Committee; and transmits the same to the successor in Office. The Secretary is responsible for sending monthly reports to Surfrider Foundation National Headquarters and is also a primary contact to National Headquarters.
• Takes notes at chapter meetings, including key decisions and action items, and distributes to attendees and Regional or National Staff in a timely manner (i.e. within one week of the meeting)
• Sends meeting reminders via email. This could be delegate or shared • Writes letters to outside parties as needed including elected officials, donors, and others deserving thanks from the chapter
• Contribute to the chapter’s website and social media pages
• Maintain a supply of chapter stationary
• Maintain EC member’s info in the Chapter Database
• Possibly - communicate to the chapter membership via mass emails
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Washington, DC 20001
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK