Glauber Fellowship (Martha's Vineyard, MA)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The American Exchange Project
The Glauber Fellowship is available for American educators and youth leaders to serve as coordinators of America's first free domestic study away program in their communities.
About the American Exchange Project
The American Exchange Project gives high school seniors the chance to see their country for FREE. Work on a ranch in Texas, see a baseball game at Fenway Park, roam with the wild buffalo in Montana, meet people and make friends in places far different from where you grew up. The possibilities are endless and the adventure is yours!
Glauber Fellows will facilitate AEP’s online program leading up to the exchange and accompany AEPers on activities during the exchange. Most importantly, they will guide students through deep and thought-provoking conversations and reflections, and help students discover a new American town and culture. A stipend will be provided.
- Attend 3-5 hours of Glauber Fellow Zoom training (March). Zoom trainings will cover, among other topics:
- Group bonding / forming connections among group members
- Facilitation training
- Rules and expectations for students and troubleshooting
- Lead Zoom calls for students leading up to the trip (3 hour-long Zoom calls in the spring/early summer)
- Lead pre-trip parent Zoom call (30 min, 1-2 weeks before trip departs)
- Communicate with students and parents to answer pre-trip questions
- ● Lead 7-10 day trip (dates TBD, between June 15 and August 15):
- Accompany students to activities
- Lead reflection activities
- Enforce trip rules
- ● Post-exchange:
- Debrief with AEP Staff
- Conduct 1:1 student interviews to collect data for impact evaluation
Complete the form here on the AEP website: https://americanexchangeproject.org/become-a-glauber-fellow/
Interviews will begin on October 15th and offers will be sent out on a rolling basis.
Please contact Lydia at email@example.com with any questions.
AEP’s Glauber Fellowship will forever commemorate our co-founder, board member, and dear friend, Bob Glauber. Above all, Bob was a teacher known for his devotion to his students. A celebrated economist and Harvard professor, with a distinguished career in government and business, AEP was Bob’s last great project. He was a guiding light for our program, a voice of clarity, wisdom, and kindness. He helped build AEP, and his character and his guidance are written into the bedrock of who we are as an organization.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Tisbury, MA 01776
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH