Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: GeekGirlConMission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.Job Summary
The Workshop Coordinator is responsible for proactively seeking and developing mission related workshop content. They must be self-motivated and prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.Reports To
- Drives game workshop production while successfully partnering with other GeekGirlCon teams, such as Panels, Sponsorship, Public Relations, Special Events, Customer Service, Marketing, Copy, and Design to deliver an epic workshop experience;
- Collaborates with the Panel Program Manager, Special Events Manager, and Activities Manager to create a comprehensive convention programming schedule;
- Creates efficient workshop processes and policies;
- Supports and collaborates with the Activities Manager to evolve and improve the workshop program in a sustainable fashion;
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with workshop providers and partners;
- Coordinates with the Director of Convention Operations to ensure that all workshop set-up and A/V needs are met;
- Acts as on-site point of contact for all workshop providers and manages workshop Agents and Special Agents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to answer emails, phone calls, etc. in a timely manner;
- Upbeat, enthusiastic, and personable;
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and within a team;
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management;
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Prior event coordination experience.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance remotely (or in-person, during non-pandemic times) for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98104
December 30, 2021