Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Tŷ Hafan
We are looking for enthusiastic and green fingered volunteers to help us maintain our beautiful gardens in our hospice grounds. The gardens are a special place for the children and families to spend time when staying at the hospice.
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
About the volunteering role
This role will be based at Tŷ Hafan’s Hospice in Sully, assisting the facilities team with seasonal gardening tasks throughout the year. Volunteers will be supervised and led by a member of the team. Some tasks are physically demanding and require a level of manual dexterity.
Minimum age requirement: 18
Travel expenses incurred can be reimbursed according to Tŷ Hafan Travel and Expenses Policy. Free on site parking.
What activities would you be involved in?
- General garden maintenance
- Keeping grounds clean, tidy and presentable
- Using small gardening tools or larger equipment such as a leaf blower
- Minor external painting
What skills will I need?
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others and maintain a safe working environment
Information on training provided
- Full induction
- Health and safety training
- Support and guidance from the facilities team
Benefit of volunteering
- Become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Meet new people and make new friend
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Tŷ Hafans goal
- Have fun!
How to apply
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a basic DBS check will be required for this role.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Sully, Wales United Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK