Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Future Possibilities for Kids
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to inspire possibility with Kids this Fall 2021
Future Possibilities for Kids is looking for volunteers to join our Ready, Set, Goal! program to inspire Kids to make a difference in the world around them. Ready, Set, Goal! is a 6 month leadership development program that matches Kids aged 9-12 from communities in Ontario with KidCoach volunteers who encourage and support them towards a community goal project (what we call, a Goal of Contribution). Through weekly 30-minute phone calls using a guided activity book, KidCoaches support Kids in building confidence, practicing Possibility Thinking and fostering greater community awareness and social responsibility. Together with their KidCoach behind them, Kids shine as the leaders they are!
1. Attend and participate in a virtual training session.
2. 27 weekly phone calls (30 minutes) in total with your Kid from November to May
3. Attend and participate in 4 Virtual Activity Days + POP!Fest. Activity Days are virtual meet-ups with your Kid and Crew. These meet-ups are a great way to connect and engage with others through fun and interactive activities. POP!Fest is a graduation celebration that showcases the accomplishments of Kids and KidCoaches throughout the program. Participation in Activity Days and POP!Fest is mandatory. See below for important dates:
Activity Day 1 - Saturday, November 27, 2021
Activity Day 2 - Saturday, January 29, 2022
Activity Day 3 - Saturday, April 9, 2022
Activity Day 4 - Saturday, May 14, 2022
POP!Fest- Saturday, May 28, 2022
Becoming a KidCoach..
When you become a KidCoach, you will make a difference in a Kid’s life, enhance your coaching & leadership skills, and join a passionate volunteer community. With your support, your Kid will unlock their inherent leadership skills and build confidence as they learn to think boldly, communicate powerfully and act generously! As a KidCoach, you will receive KidCoach Training and ongoing support from experienced KidCoaches and the FPK Staff. You will have loads of fun while you develop transferable coaching skills and connect with other like-minded individuals. If you want to make a difference in your community and in a child's life, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website to learn more https://www.fpcanada.org/volunteer/be-a-kidcoach/
You will receive professional KidCoach Training and ongoing support from FPK Staff and other experienced KidCoaches.
Reside in the province of Ontario
Minimum hours per week:
40-50 hours in total for the 6 month Ready, Set, Goal! Program
- Able to communicate in English
- Verbal communication
- Reading and writing
- Access to a phone for weekly calls
- Access to internet and a computer/tablet for Activity Days and POP!Fest
How to Apply / Contact
Visit https://www.fpcanada.org/volunteer/be-a-kidcoach/ to apply and learn more about becoming a KidCoach.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
120 Eglinton Avenue EastSuite 800Toronto, ON M4P 1E2Canada
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity