Different Abilities Job Coach
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Catholic Charities (Archdiocese of Washington, DC)
Getting a good job can be a challenge for anyone but even harder when you are living with different abilities. Join Catholic Charities as a Job Coach volunteer to help even the playing field and support our participants as they achieve their career goals.
Community Development Services and Supported Employment are two separate programs that serve adults with different abilities. The two programs collaborate to run a Job Club and are seeking a friendly, patient, and skilled Job Coach to work one-on-one with participants.
The Job Club helps participants identify skills and interests and create a plan to secure employment. The Job Coach volunteer will virtually meet one-on-one with a participant and work on a specific task, such as writing a resume, completing an online application, or practicing interview skills.
Job Coach volunteers will magnify the efforts of the job club as each participant will benefit from personalized attention and support. If you are looking to make a big difference and meet new people, this role is for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with program supervisor to learn about the needs and interests of your assigned participant
- Help prepare members of the Job Club for job interviews for entry-level positions
- Broaden the participant’s awareness of online job search resources
- Help participants write and organize their resumes
- Conduct mock interviews and coach the participant on appropriate responses
- Assist participants in completing online applications
- Meet with clients over Zoom
- Summarize what was accomplished with the participant and send to staff
- 7-10 years of work experience
- Administrative skills
- Be able to direct clients in resume writing, job application strategies, and interview skills for entry-level positions
- Access to a computer and willingness to meet over Zoom
- Interest in working with people with different abilities/disabilities
Desired Skills, Experience, and Characteristics:
- Experience in online job-seeking
- Experience interviewing job candidates
- Excellent communication skills
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
924 G Street, NWWashington, DC 20001
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK