Immigrant & Refugee Services Coordinator and Year of Service Fellow
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Jubilee Year Los AngelesDESCRIPTION
One Year, Full-Time Stipendiary Fellowship working with a non-profit agency serving and responding to the wide-ranging needs of immigrants and refugees.
Corps member will have the opportunity to connect and offer ongoing support immigrants and refugees in Southern California through social services, language lessons, cultural orientation classes, medical services, and naturalization assistance.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Daily engagement with clients requesting services
- Data Entry for general service information
- Providing information and referrals to clients
- Assistance in providing resources and implementing service plans for clients
- Supervising volunteers
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
This position is offered as part of Jubilee Year Los Angeles (JYLA)
JYLA is an award-winning program that has been providing space for reflective exploration, community building, and justice-focused service for 30 years. Fellows with JYLA experience a personally and professionally transformative service year mindfully curated for young adults ages 21 to 29 who are inspired to change the world.
Jubilee Year values justice, equity, service, community, curiosity.
We’re seeking fellows who:
- Are 21-29 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Are passionate about Justice
- Are inspired by Serving and contributing to needed change
- Are excited about Engaging a diverse, creative cohort of changemakers
- Are interested in Living Simply and Learning in Community with fellow corps members
- Are looking for an opportunity to Explore an amazing city
Monthly Stipend, Health coverage, Housing, Community Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, TrainingADDITIONAL BENEFITS
Jubilee Year provides corps members with free housing and utilities, food stipend, Annual Metro Pass (Public Transit), mentorship, quarterly retreats, professional development, and extensive access to and interaction with our social and professional network built up over the course of over 30 years serving in Los Angeles.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
College GraduateOTHER CONDITIONS
Subject to criminal background checkAGE REQUIREMENT
21 - 29
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME