Make a difference in your community: become a Community Outreach Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Healthcare Network
ake a difference with Healthcare Network! Work alongside our outreach team to connect with families and individuals in underserved communities. Help build trust by providing support and encouragement. connecting people with local services.
Assist with organizing, setting up and staffing events (including Health fair, testing events and more)providing information to the public during, and following up with public after events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with setting-up and staffing outreach events
- Makes home visits providing information and referral for services
- Requests patient compliance to hand sanitization and face mask requirements
- Follows up with public after events
- Bilingual Spanish or Creole a strong plus
- Must be able to work outdoors
- Must be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of Healthcare Network patients
- Computer skills desired but not essential
- One or multiple events (to be agreed with supervisor)
Training and Supervision
- Attends general volunteer orientation (flexible)
- Completes training with supervisor
- Training and supervision conducted by: Supervisor or other designated staff member
Perks and Benefits of Volunteering
- Joining a multilingual team composed by medical professionals and community outreach specialists
- Contributing to our mission to provide quality healthcare accessible to everyone
- Making a difference in underserved communities
- Learning or refining valuable job skills
- Making every hour count
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1402 New Market Road WestImmokalee, FL 34142
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK