Rape Crisis Center Advocate
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault of Cook County Illinois
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA) is a non-profit agency dedicated to servicing sexual assault/sexual abuse survivors and their families throughout north/northwest Cook County. Volunteers are essential to providing these services.
Volunteer Roles: The Role of a Volunteer Advocate is to provide support to the 24/7 crisis hotline. This includes answering hotline calls, responding to partner hospitals in NWCASA’s service area and providing documentation within a timely manner. Advocates work directly with survivors of sexual assault and their significant others.
24/7 Hotline Crisis Intervention:
- Answer calls during assigned shifts
- Hotline Crisis Calls - Individuals looking for immediate help
- Hotline Information/Referral Calls - Individuals looking for information or resources available to them
- Hospital Calls - Survivors needing an advocate in the hospital setting
- Work closely with survivors in a hospital setting
- Provide emotional support, appropriate information, and referrals when necessary
- Abide by Northwest CASA's mission statement
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of clients and their significant others
- Submit documentation to the Volunteer Coordinator within the provided timeline
Requirements & Commitments
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Knowledge of sexual violence issues or willingness to learn
- Ability to deal sensitively with victims of sexual violence and their significant others
- Able to work independently and to prioritize/organize tasks
- Has not received any medical/legal advocacy within the past year or counseling at Northwest CASA within the past two years (themselves or anyone in their immediate family)
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must volunteer at least 24 hours a month (4 shifts) for a minimum of 1 full year.
- Be able to arrive within 1 hour of the following hospitals:
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove Village
- Glenbrook Hospital, Glenview
- St. Alexius Medical Center, Hoffman Estates
- Lutheran General, Park Ridge
- Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights
- Skokie Hospital, Skokie
- St. Francis, Evanston
- Evanston Hospital, Evanston
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH