AmeriCorps Position - 'Latinas in Tech' Program Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: El Centro de la Raza
As an organization grounded in the Latino community of Washington State, it is the mission of El Centro de la Raza (The Center for People of All Races) to build the Beloved Community through unifying all racial and economic sectors; to organize, empower, and defend the basic human rights of our most vulnerable and marginalized populations; and to bring critical consciousness, justice, dignity, and equity to all the peoples of the world.
El Centro de la Raza's Business Opportunity Center (BOC) is looking for an Assistant for their 'Latinas in Tech' Program that specializes in employment/job skills training and counseling. This person will help plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning for the Latinas in Technology Program, as well as collaborate and support program partners who provide specific Technology Service Sector training topics during the course.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide specific training to participants on Job Readiness skills including but not limited to Interviewing Skills, Resume creation, and general Job Readiness Training topics for the participants of the Latinas in Technology Program.
- Provide /create supplemental Job readiness training material for the Latinas in Technology trainings.
- Involve selecting appropriate methods and tools that will enable participants to achieve technology, financial knowledge and advanced job readiness skills.
- Instruct students, manage, support and encourage student-learning abilities.
- Prepare classroom (virtual or face-to face) for class activities / Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and staff regarding student progress and student needs.
- Encourage, monitor the progress of individual students, and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability is required for this position.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2524 16th Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98144
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME