Public Speaking Mentor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Empower Expression Inc.
Do you like public speaking? Do you think that the Arts of Communication have helped you? Are you passionate about guiding younger students? If so, Empower Expression is the place for you!
We’re looking for students who are willing to take their passion for public speaking and pass it down to younger students. As a mentor, you’ll work to form a strong mentor-mentee relationship and be able to access an expansive support network of secondary and postsecondary students across the globe.
Empower Expression Mentors come in all shapes and sizes, and our team is always looking for more unique student voices!
Empower Expression is looking for experienced high school and college students interested in mentoring younger students in the area of public speaking. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting one-on-one mentoring sessions with K-12 students who wish to improve their self-confidence and communication skills using the Arts. A typical Empower Expression mentor has 2+ years of experience in their field and can demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills that can put any mentee at ease. This position is remote and you will communicate with your mentees via Google Meet.
*Although the position is set as permanent, being a mentor is extremely flexible; you can set your own hours and timeline with your mentee, and there is no minimum number of years you must stay with us.
- Attend annual team meetings
- Distribute digital outreach materials
- Participate in evaluation sessions with potential mentees
- Design custom lesson plans for your assigned mentee(s)
- Conduct one-on-one mentoring sessions
- Collect and adjust to mentee feedback
- 2+ years of experience within your given field
- 2+ years of a secondary/high school education
- Portfolio of previous work in public speaking
- Flexible Work Schedule: You are only required to volunteer when assigned a mentee and your mentoring schedule is dependent on your availability and your mentee’s availability.
- Access to GSuite
- Vacation Time As Needed
- Work From Home (Remote)
- Additional (Optional) Volunteer Opportunities Provided (Events/Fundraisers/Media)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
52 Bud LaneLevittown, NY 11756
December 30, 2021