Blood Drive Volunteer - Union County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Are you a people person?
Do you have a few hours a month to spare?
Are you ready to help save lives?
If you answered yes, then you are the person we are looking for! Blood Drive Volunteers ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and fulfilling experience, from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. The Red Cross collects and distributes about 40 percent of our nation’s blood supply. When you help create a fulfilling donation experience and encourage donors to make a long-term commitment to regular donations, you improve our ability to meet this critical need.
- Welcome and greet donors
- Manage the flow of donors between the waiting and donation area
- Assist with donor registration
- Confirm donation appointment
- Provide donors with information
- Make reminder calls
- Perform follow up activities as directed
- Serve refreshments and talk to donors after their donation
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area
- Alert blood drive employees if a donor does not appear to be well
- Make sure donor information remains confidential
- Customer service skills
- Friendly disposition
- Great verbal communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in the community
- Reliable transportation to shifts
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that Blood Drive Volunteers provide 4-6 hours of service a month (this is about the time that it takes to volunteer at one blood drive).
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Marysville, OH 43205
December 30, 2021