Food Pantry Shift Captain
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: One Community
One Community is looking to recruit 1 or more people available Saturday mornings 9:45-1 to lead weekly community pantry to transition grocery delivery recipients to a pick-up model. With more than one recruit, this task will be rotated among volunteers every week. Tasks include:
- Arriving at the site by 9:45 AM
- Managing, with distribution team, the receipt of food
- Creating a fun and respectful environment for workers and pantry recipients
- Coordinating 8-10 workers to be tasked with:
- Setting up tables at site
- Maintaining social distancing requirements
- Checking-in and registering households
- Moving food as needed on site
- Cleaning up the site and distributing excess food
As interested: Coordinate the general strategy of the pantry to improve experiences for recipients
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
177 Myrtle AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH