Volunteer Disaster Responder in Washington County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater PA Region
Southwestern PA - Washington - Disaster Action Team Member
Purpose: To participate in all DAT program support and capacity building activities necessary to ensure effective service delivery during a DAT response.
Reports To: DCS: Southwestern PA - Allegheny - DAT Team Leader
Responsibilities: Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires,ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and
clothing. This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
- Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through
- participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program.
- (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.
Qualifications: Ability to:
- Follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals.
Relationships: Works closely with all other DAT Members to ensure team goals are achieved.
Length of Appointment: Once trained, may remain active as long as able to perform the assigned tasks.
DAT Service Associate on a DAT response
- DAT Team Leader in support of the DAT preparedness
- DAT Supervisor on a DAT response
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
430 Johnson RoadWashington, PA 15301
December 30, 2021