Calling all history buffs! Restore accounts of American War Veterans as the Veterans History Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Pacific Coast Chapter, CA
The Veterans History Project Volunteer preserves and makes accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans so that future generations may hear directly from veterans and better understand the realities of war.
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Conduct and/or record interviews with veterans and others who supported the military during times of conflict
- Effectively organize interviews and supporting documents
- Prepare materials for submission to the Library of Congress
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- 4 hours per week/Negotiable
• Orientation to the American Red Cross
• On the job training with volunteer supervisor
• Library of Congress required training
• Interact comfortably with those being interviewed
• Ability to show others how to conduct interviews with ease and respect for other experiences
• Utilize good oral and interpersonal communications
• Good organization skills
• Willingness to learn skills involved with transferring recordings to electronic format which will be submitted to the Library of Congress
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Ventura, CA 93105
December 30, 2021