Dakota County Volunteer Trail Patrol Teams - Biking, Hiking, Horseback Riding, and More!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Dakota County
Enjoy the outdoors while also assisting park visitors with questions, directions and first aid care. Our patrol units offer a vital service to the trail programs by being trained individuals who are onsite to assist our park users with day to day operations and emergencies. Volunteer on your own time (no set schedule), while personally enjoying the trails, it doesn’t get better than that!
You are a great fit for our Park Trail Patrol team if you already enjoy doing these things:
- Cross Country Ski
- Mountain Bike
- Horseback Riding
Be a part of the Park Trail Patrol team at all of our county parks. Click here to learn more about our county parks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help provide a safe and enjoyable experience to all park visitors.
- Provide directions and help answer questions.
- Assist in an emergency if you are onsite.
- Carry a cell phone with you while on patrol to be accessible to visitor center contact.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Good physical fitness and customer service skills.
- Must provide your own equipment.
- Completion of all required training.
- Complete a background check with the county (if applicable).
The Park Trail Patrol team is a one-year commitment: Nov. 1 - Oct. 31. Volunteers are asked to commit to 30 hours per year.
Volunteers must complete all training before working on patrol.
- Volunteer Orientation - provided by Dakota County Parks at a later date.
- Annual Patrol Meeting - provided by Dakota County Parks at a later date.
- CPR & First Aid Certification - online training will be completed by volunteer on their own time. Certification cost will be reimbursed by the county once 15 hours is reached by the volunteer annually.
Active - Involves physical exertion for an extended period of time; can involve rough, uneven or steep terrain. Not recommended for volunteers with physical limitations.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Eagan, MN 55033
December 30, 2021