Farmers Market Volunteers
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Heritage Wellness Collective
Responsibilities:Volunteers are vital to the operations of the Heritage Farmers Markets and are greatly appreciated. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of six months and 36 hours of service. Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks at the Farmers Market and the Heritage office.
- Set up the information booth table and signs
- Answer customer inquiries and direct customers in search of specific vendors or products
- Collect and organize paperwork at the end of the market
- Miscellaneous projects and outreach as needed
- Direct vendor and foot traffic during morning set-up and afternoon break-down
- Maintain social media platforms
- Assist with administrative office duties
- August: National Farmers Market Week
- October: Pumpkin Decorating | Halloween events
- November: Turkey crafts
- December: Christmas crafts
- Offsite community building events (sharing info about our markets)
- Junior in high school or above
- Reliable, responsible, and punctual
- Excellent verbal, customer service, and communication skills
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Comfortable working with a children
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Enthusiasm for Farmers Markets, small farmers and locally grown produce, social media, marketing, education and environmental sustainability!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91711
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, PART_TIME