Clerical Assistant Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Gateway Arch Park Foundation
Reports to Janis Cooper, Director of Foundation Operations
Clerical Assistant Volunteer supports Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s operations team by helping organize operations materials and create a user- friendly environment for GAPF staff and visitors. The primary tasks of a Clerical Assistant are to assist with day-to-day office needs such as filing, copying, scanning, data entry and welcoming guests to the GAPF office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
18 or older. As representatives of The National Park Service and Gateway Arch Park Foundation, volunteers must adhere to the policies, procedures, and code of conduct as outlined in the volunteer handbook provided prior to or during training.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
● Excellent communication skills
● Experience with basic office duties such as filing, copying, and scanning
● Basic computer skills and experience using Microsoft office
● A desire to learn more about non-profit business operations
● Enthusiasm, friendliness, and a positive attitude
● Respect for confidentiality of the Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s volunteers, partners, members, and donors
● Willingness to take initiative, and voice ideas
· Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
· Ability to occasionally lift and move up to forty (40) pounds
· Volunteers must be vaccinated in order to work in the office
Duration of volunteer term is suggested 3-6 months (may be extended if needed). 10-20 hours per week.
Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s days and hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Days and times for volunteer shifts will be decided between the volunteer and supervisor.
Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s office is located at 1 S. Memorial Drive, Suite 700. Gateway Arch National Park is located directly across the street. Parking for volunteers is at the Kiener West Garage at 604 Pine St.
Training and Supervision:
● Volunteers must attend orientation onsite or virtually. Orientation is approximately 1 hour long and held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 pm and second Saturday of each month at 10 am
● Training will be conducted by volunteer supervisors or seasoned volunteers on the first day of each volunteer’s shift and will vary depending on the position, supervisor, and personal learning styles.
● Contribute to a national monument, The Gateway Arch National Park!
● Annual general membership to Gateway Arch Park Foundation (40+ hours)
● Annual volunteer recognition event
● Free parking if needed during volunteer hours
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you are interested in this position and feel it is a good fit, please contact the Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 881-3537 to schedule an interview.
Thank you for wanting to be a part of our team. We could not serve the community of St. Louis without you!
About Gateway Arch Park Foundation
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, it’s grounds, neighboring public space, and attractions are a vital, active, and welcoming, well-supported resource to the community and nation for generations to come. The Foundation is part of an alliance that helps meet this mission, which includes the National Park Service, Bi-State Development, Great Rivers Greenway, Jefferson National Parks Association, and the City of St. Louis. For more information, visit www.ArchPark.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
South Memorial DriveSuite 700St. Louis, MO 63102
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME