Patient Registration Volunteer at Red Cross Blood Drives in Clarion County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater PA Region
urpose: Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
Reports To: A: Blood Services: Greater Alleghenies: Biomedical Volunteer Scheduling Specialist I (employee)
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process.
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment 1 shift/month
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
- May be required to meet 18 or over age requirements
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime!
- Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
- Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Clarion, PA 15222
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH