Event Manager/Race Director
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: 2 The Next Chapter
2 The Next Chapter is looking for someone with experience for our Race Director position. As new non profit organization we can only offer this as a volunteer opportunity with the opportunity for a successful race director to be compensated after the event.
The funds received from this event will be used for operating costs, program development and training programs and certifications as required by state for compliance.
Prior experience and a race director certification is preferred in directing 5k, 10,k, and half marathons timed and untimed fun races which should include a variety of ages and groups.
The first race will be our inaugural race with the expectation of this becoming an annual event.
- Manage, organize, and direct specific events as assigned by the Director of Project Management.
- Plan all aspects of events and execute on their logistics including but not limited to, permitting, scheduling of safety and security resources, scheduling event staff, and securing race assets (awards, shirts, etc.) while adhering to a pre-defined budget.
- Work with other RDE departments and staff, including marketing, volunteer services, and sponsorship to ensure all aspects of events are adequately planned.
- Perform and coordinate tasks required for safe and successful event execution including loading equipment, directing staff and volunteers during the event, and ensuring participants have a positive experience.
- Provide customer service and support for contracted events, collaborating and communicating with event directors from initial contact through event day, ensuring the event is well organized and properly prepared for a successful event.
- Highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Organized and detail oriented with prioritization skills leading to the successful management and execution of concurrent projects
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal formats
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Client-focused with a demonstrable history of excellent customer
- Able to work some weekends and holidays
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to work out of our Madison, WI office
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- No felony convictions and proof of passing a crminial background check or willing to have one done at your expense.
- No restrictions of being around minors for any reason.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1315 oakfield drBrandon, FL 33511
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK