Graphic Designer or Illustrator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Junior Wildlife Ranger
Gain experience and build your portfolio by volunteering at an innovative and dynamic environmental nonprofit connecting the next generation to public lands through hands-on learning. Our programs teach youth the importance of wildlife and habitat conservation, the vital role public lands play a role in sustainability, and give them the tools to become environmental stewards. Volunteering at Junior Wildlife Ranger, a project of the Earth Island Institute is a great way to give back to the community, develop your resume, and get involved with environmental education for youth at the national level on your own schedule.
- Time commitment is 3-4 hours a week, beginning December 2021 and ending June 2022.
- Start and end dates are flexible, though we are looking for candidates who can commit at least 6 months, if not more.
- This position is work-from-home on your own schedule. All volunteers should expect to meet with the team once a week, as well as work with other teams on joint projects.
- Earning academic credit for volunteering is possible, if applicable.
Art & Design Team Responsibilities
- Design visual material in a wide variety of formats. Some examples include:
- Print media such as activity booklets, pamphlets, or flyers.
- Digital icons, graphics, and content for social media and the website.
- Apparel and merchandise
- * Your designs will be published online or printed.
- Ability and access to common digital art platforms. We rely heavily on Adobe software, so familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is highly recommended. Use of other platforms to produce work is fine, but you must be able to edit and export through the above file formats.
- The content produced by the Art & Design Team can be both graphic design and illustration oriented, so a background in both fields is recommended.
- Be prepared to commit to a weekly conference call (currently Sundays at 9am Pacific) to discuss project drafts and ideas. This is a very collaboration-heavy environment, and the ability to share ideas and work in a team is critical.
Please send a cover letter describing yourself, your relevant experience, and why you are motivated to work on this project. Include this information, along with your name, city, and state. If you have a resume, please attach it. Provide a sample of your work as a folder attachment or portfolio link.
Applications that do not include portfolios will NOT be considered. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2150 Allston WaySuite 460; c/o Earth Island InstituteBerkeley, CA 94704
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK