Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Arthritis Society
We are recruiting a volunteer to assist with filing and purging paper files on Wednesdays in our Ottawa office. The volunteer can assist with filing within the 9am -4pm time frame, selecting hours within this time frame that matches the person's schedule.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Appropriately dispose of expired files
- Organizing paper records
- Other administrative tasks as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about and commitment to bettering the lives of those affected by arthritis
- Previous office support or administrative experience is an asset
- Computer literacy including previous experience with word and excel
- Willingness to undertake training appropriate to the role
- Able to follow protocols in relation to dealing with confidential information and willing to sign a volunteer confidentiality statement
- Ability to work remotely with staff and other volunteers utilizing conferencing programs (WebEx, Team, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are an asset
- An Arthritis Society Staff member in the local AREP office will provide training and support volunteers in this role
- Other volunteers and Arthritis Society staff, including the volunteer engagement team
The Arthritis Society is committed to the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, and clients. As this volunteer role involves working with physical documents, volunteers will work in our office environments in a safe and physically distanced manner. Facemasks and hand sanitizer will be provided to volunteers. Proof of vaccination is also required.
- Support the Arthritis Society's mission by contributing to vital operational functions
- Develop transferable employment skills related to administration and confidential data management
- Develop time-management and communications skills
- Give back to the community and impact those living with arthritis
- Build connections and be part of a community, and receive ongoing opportunities, training, and mentorship
- A letter of reference can be provided at the completion of the volunteer term
Specialist, Community and Volunteer Engagement
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
885 Meadowlands Dr ESuite 300Ottawa, ON K2C 3N2Canada
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK