Best Buddies Advisory Board Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Best Buddies International Inc.
Are you interested in making San Diego a more inclusive place for all people? Are you passionate about showcasing the abilities of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities? Best Buddies in San Diego is looking for dedicated leaders to join our local advisory board, a group of dedicated community leaders with diverse backgrounds, working to support and advance the mission of Best Buddies through open doors for funding and program partnerships. Ultimately, our board members make the community a more inclusive place.
If you want to make an impact in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in San Diego, our advisory boards are the leading way to start. The board's main purpose is to:
- Apply organizational priorities to determine local planning
- Work with staff to reach revenue goals and minimize expenses
- Share networks and offer technical assistance
- Assess and assist with programmatic impact
- Serve as a public advocate
No legal responsibilities or budget or staffing authority.
- Attend 80% of monthly Advisory Board meetings
- Commit to a two-year term with the option to review up to three times
- Support at least one of our two signature events: The Best Buddies Friendship Walk (Spring) and/or Best Buddies Champion of the Year Gala (Fall)
- Attend/support at least one programmatic event
- Bring in give and get commitment
- Make a personal donation and commit to making Best Buddies one of your top 3 nonprofit organizations during term
Time commitment: The Best Buddies Advisory Board is year-round with ten meetings per year lasting 60-minute. Individual work between meetings and attendance at signature events is expected and at the discretion of the board member's time and availability
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
San Diego, CA 33131
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination