Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Lumiere Health International, Inc.
Are you a visionary graphic designer and want to make a measurable, visible impact that deeply changes people's lives? If yes, consider volunteering your visionary and design talent to Lumiere Health International and critically underserved populations!
About Lumiere Health International, Inc.:
Lumiere Health International, Inc. provides consulting services for victims of human rights violations or crimes against humanity.This includes social inequity, civil rights, war crimes, and torture--both domestically and internationally.
We serve the world’s most vulnerable communities, helping forced migrants and refugees who’ve experienced conflict and persecution. These individuals include unaccompanied minors, asylum seekers, and victims of civil violations abuses in the United States. We also offer consultations to international organizations and policy recommendations at the local, state, and federal level.
We are purpose-driven organization. Our core mission is to illuminate challenges and champion and enable opportunities for forced migrants, asylum seekers, refugees, and other minority groups. For us, that means doing our best to eradicate social inequities--offering equal legal representation and closing healthcare disparity gaps.
Your opportunity to make a measureable impact:
As part of Lumiere you will assume an instrumental role in shaping our communication and brand and creating a long-lasting impact for the organization, our mission, and patients. You will join a passionate team of seasoned professionals dedicated to advancing human rights by addressing root-causes and closing the gaps that contribute to social inequality, injustice, and long-term chronic diseases.
This position provides valuable experience and the opportunity to develop a portfolio related to graphic design and visual arts. We need of one/two talented designers to help us on one/two critical projects. We need help translating information into easy to understand graphic designs (for example, theory of change, workflows, etc.). You will have the opportunity to develop long-lasting relationships with our team. You will collaborate with a group of highly talented and highly accomplished individuals, who are passionate about their work and mission. We will offer constructive feedback and stimulating learning environment, but we will give you autonomy of the design process. Successful and collaborative designers could have the opportunity to grow with the organization.
- Translate complex information into easy to understand graphic designs. Design Lumiere's theory of change, workflows for a specific and important project (confidential for this advertisement), etc.
- Create various designs that are flexible to use in multiple media.
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Work closely with the project team to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials.
To make your experience more impactful we require the following qualifications:
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Canva & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications
- Computer and access to graphic design and layout software
- Excellent interpersonal/collaborative and communication skills
- Analytical skills (quantitative OR qualitative OR both). Example school subjects or personal interests: mathematic OR history OR English OR science, etc.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Able to define and work to deadlines
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
100 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10017
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH