Join Our Board
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Immigrant Council for Arts Innovation
The Immigrant Council for Arts Innovation (ICAI) is currently seeking volunteer board members who are passionate for the arts and committed to helping newcomer and immigrant artistic communities. We strive for diversity in age, cultural background, gender, profession, and experience. We have prioritized the following skillset but we are highly receptive to alternate skillsets and backgrounds.
Position Term: Three years
Meeting Frequency: Every two months
● Experience in nonprofit or arts administration or governance
● Experience in government relations
● Financial management and fund development experience, particularly grassroots fundraising and grant-writing experience
● Knowledge of the performing arts, galleries and curatorial practices
● Cultural management
● Have experience in board membership for a minimum of one yearResponsibilities:
● Support the mission, vision, and values of ICAI
● Attend all board and committee meetings and the AGM as required
● Complete any agreed tasks on time and to a high standard of excellence
● Contribute to the organization as significant to your profession as much as you can
● Willingness to help solicit resources to help ICAI achieve our strategic goals
● Promote the organization to your network
● Help to build a base of potential partners, donors, audience members, and supporters
● Contribute to annual strategic planning processes
To apply or for questions email firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and resume before August 31st, 2021. The selected candidates will have their first meeting at the AGM on October 6th, 2021.
Visit www.icaionline.org for more informationAbout ICAI
The Immigrant Council for Arts Innovation (ICAI) connects newcomer and immigrant artists, arts administrators, creative professionals, and culture workers to the existing arts community in Calgary, Alberta. ICAI strives to provide resources and information that assist newcomer and immigrant arts and culture workers turn their passion and creativity into thriving careers or businesses.
ICAI actively encourages diversity of expression and culture through the creation of a safe and welcoming community hub where newcomer and immigrant arts and culture workers feel free to express their distinct cultural identities through their arts.
What we do:
● Provide specialized information and resources for newcomer arts professionals
● Create free, inclusive, and tailored networking events for newcomer artistic practice
● Provide support for artistic growth through career and business development strategies for artistic growth.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Calgary, AB T3P 0K4Canada
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH