Family Services Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Caudwell Children
Are you a reliable, empathetic, tech-savvy individual with an eye for detail? Caudwell Children are looking for friendly and professional volunteers to help with our Service Delivery Department.
The Service Delivery Department is responsible for ensuring the beneficiaries of the charity receive high quality services. We offer services to children and support to families, including:
- Advice and signposting to local services (available to individuals anywhere in the UK)
- We accept applications for and (subject to a set of financial criteria) will contribute funding towards some specific therapies, provision of resources such as specialist wheelchairs, car seats, tricycles, sensory stimulating equipment and sports equipment
- We have specialist autism services and accept referrals to assess and diagnose autism in 4 to 11 year olds and provide information, workshops and advice to families with a child with autism
- We have an employment service for autistic young people up to age 25 years to support the transition into the digital skills workforce.
As a volunteer in our Service Delivery department, roles and responsibilities may include:
- Providing practical and emotional support to children and their families across the country
- Processing and completing applications for specialist equipment, therapies and treatment
- Data inputting onto our metro system
- Providing an information and signposting service
- Communication with other organisations via telephone and email
- Meeting and greeting visitors (including visitor sign in)
- Answering telephone/ email enquiries
- Monitoring our online chat service ensuring families receive the support that they need
We’re looking for somebody approachable, dedicated and responsible, with a good level of written and verbal communication, and telephone and computer literacy.
If you’re interested in gaining administration, communication and IT experience, and want to know that you’re helping the families of disabled children across the UK, please apply!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Innovation WayKeele Science And Innovation ParkNewcastle-Under-Lyme, ST5 5NTUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK