Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Sierra Nevada Alliance
Are you an aspiring environmental educator or botanist? A community engagement wizard who wants to help conserve and protect some of of our nation's most treasured wilderness lands?
Each year, the Sierra Nevada Alliance places 32 AmeriCorps members with partner conservation organizations throughout the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California. During their 11-month terms of service, members restore and monitor impaired Sierra watersheds, educate Sierra residents and visitors on environmental issues, and recruit and manage volunteers for a variety of programs. SNAP members gain skills and technical training, are mentored by outstanding environmental leaders, and provide a meaningful contribution to the communities of the Sierra Nevada.
Location: Varies on placement, host sites are located throughout California’s Sierra Nevada range. Host site locations for this year include Bishop, the Greater Lake Tahoe area, Nevada City, Oroville, Placerville, Sonora, and Visalia.
Position Descriptions: To see the types of positions that are still available, please refer to the 2021-22 position descriptions page on our website.
Service Commitment: November 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022. Members make an 11-month, full-time commitment to serve a nonprofit organization or public agency in the Sierra Nevada.
While each SNAP Position has unique requirements related to the position’s function, the SNAP Program has some general requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S. High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older
- Must not have a criminal history that results in the applicant’s inability to serve as an AmeriCorps member
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly stipend of $1,390 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological, and skills-development training
- AmeriCorps members that successfully complete a full-time 1700 hour service term will earn a $6,345 Segal Educational Award and a $3,655 California For All Educational Award for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME