Calling All Illustrators and Cartoonists: Contribute Your Artwork to the Real Change Newspaper!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Real Change Homeless Empowerment Project
Real Change is looking for volunteer illustrators who are interested in contributing their incredible talents to our weekly, award-winning newspaper! Founded in 1994, Real Change is a nonprofit that provides an immediate employment opportunity to homeless and low-income individuals throughout the Pacific Northwest. Highly regarded as the leading street newspaper in North America, the content of the Real Change Newspaper unwaveringly focuses on, and takes action for, racial, social, and economic justice.
This position is completely virtual, with no in-office work required. We are looking for talented illustrators with the following skill sets:
- Ability to provide illustrations in black and white or color, to compliment newspaper op-eds, book reviews, covers, feature stories, and more.
- Understanding of image resolution and print media
- Willingness to provide source files and/or accept edits, if needed
- Responsive and able to reply to emails within approximately 24 hours
- Ability to work independently, with the assistance of the Real Change Arts Editor when needed
- Experience with half-tones and printing on newspaper is preferred, but not required
- Providing color images in CMYK and black/white in grayscale is preferred, but not required
As an artist with Real Change, typical assignments will include requests for:
- Cover or feature illustrations based on assigned concepts (open to the artist's interpretation)
- Specific illustrations (more directed, such as artwork for specific book reviews)
- "Spot the Difference" comics
If you're interested in contributing your artwork and talents to Real Change, please reply to this post or email firstname.lastname@example.org with examples of your work (we accept examples through your portfolio, website or other online medium, or attachments to the email).
Real Change is a 501(3)(c) nonprofit. Poverty and homelessness disproportionately affects people of color, which is reflected in the population of Real Change vendors. We are committed to representing a wide array of artists, especially on the cover, and to fostering a supportive and inclusive workplace culture. We value and strive to support all artists, regardless of their race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical ability, political affiliation, religion and any other non-merit factor.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98104
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy