Board Member Position
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Education Haiti
About the job:
Want to truly make a difference in the lives of people in Haiti? Education is the way. Education Haiti supports the only accredited college of social work in Haiti, ensuring that talented young Haitians -- with knowledge of their culture and a passionate commitment to their country -- are the ones to address the country’s many social needs. The school strongly supports its women students and is committed to the empowerment of women in Haiti.
Education Haiti is seeking qualified individuals with backgrounds in fundraising, finances and marketing. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who cares about changing the lives of people in Haiti, since supporting social work education helps both the students and those they later serve.
- Have a willingness to secure financial support for the organization
- Have an interest in Haiti and cross-cultural awareness
- Believe in education and in the potential of our students.
- Have a willingness to join subcommittees that will collaborate outside of the monthly meetings to complete subcommittee goals.
- Provide personal financial support to the organization
- Attend monthly meetings (via Zoom) and attend in-person meetings in Maine one to two times per year. Prepare for the meeting, review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Stay informed on board matters.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Participate actively in Education Haiti fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Assist in ensuring that the needs of the school are being met (laptops, scholarships, resources for staff (such as DegreeWorks), etc..
- Be an ambassador for the organization, serving with professionalism and dignity.
- Build a collegial working relationship with the other board members that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in the board’s planning and fundraising efforts.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
207 Main Street308Waterville, ME 04901
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH