COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE FOR SOUTH AFRICA.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Seeding AfricaABOUT SEEDING AFRICA.
Seeding Africa is a charitable organization founded by Africans on the continent and in the Diaspora. The founders of this organization thought it wise to come together and make Africa self-reliant on food production.
The main aim of this organization is to source and supply organic seeds to local farming communities on the continent to feed its people, thus Feeding our Future.
Seeding Africa is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified applicants.
Seeding Africa never asks for any payment during the recruitment process. It is entirely free.Country Representative for South Africa.
This role will start out as a volunteer role till it can be upgraded to a full-time basis.
As a Country Representative you will lead, manage and advance the programming and operations objectives and the mission of Seeding Africa to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your strategic leadership will enable you to advance Seeding Africa’s reputation and impact while you proactively manage the programme and activities of the organization.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
● Champion and lead the vision, mission and strategy. Lead the design of medium and long-term goals. Ensure program and operations leads coordinate their objectives in alignment with the strategy.
● Ensure that all projects meet and exceed donor expectations and are designed and implemented for maximum impact and reach.
● Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring subordinates during operations. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports.
Oversee the development of staffing plans for large and complex projects and the recruitment process of country staff where necessary.
● Lead the development of strategic partnerships with African organizations that leverages resources, reputation, and expertise in line with Seeding Africa’s partnership principles.
● Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to Seeding Africa staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
● Ensure compliance in operations functions. Provide oversight and analysis regarding monthly expenditures.
● Lead and direct the pursuit of strategic growth opportunities, prepositioning and capture planning.
The Country Representative supervises the Local representative, i.e (MARKETING DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT) and CDA’s (COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT), volunteers, interns and beneficiaries.Basic Qualifications
● Master’s degree in international development, International Relations or a related field will be appreciated.
● 5 or more years’ experience managing complex relief and development programs.Preferred Qualifications.
● Experience in engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with
Church partners is a plus.
● Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
● Ability to represent the organization at high levels.
● Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Required Languages -
Fluency in English is required and French is an assetLocation -
The position for every African state requires up to 15-20% travel, with most within your country of residence.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
● Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
● Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
● Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
● Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Oslo gateOslo, Oslo Norway
December 30, 2021