Virtual STEM Instructor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Virtual STEM instructor for our non-profit organization
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled volunteers with experience in the STEM-related fields to virtually teach children ages 4 to 13 years old. If you are willing to share your passion with the young youth as a STEM Instructor, then this opportunity might be right for you.
Virtual STEM Instructor's Responsibilities:
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of youth once a week
- Must be able to draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects
- Engage the students during the class and help them develop imaginative and analytical thinking skills
- Prepare students for a virtual demonstration performance
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Adopt interactive teaching techniques to help students understand the course and understand their learning capabilities
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required
- Early Learners STEM Instructor
- Coding & Computer Science Instructor
- Robotics Instructor
Virtual STEM Instructor's Qualifications:
- Prior experience teaching or tutoring Pre-K and elementary level children required
- At least 2 years experience working or learning your STEM field
- Knowledge of online STEM software and platforms
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
Hours and commitment: Volunteers will be required to work up to 1.5 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months from January 2022 through June 2022.
Location: Remote [Virtual]
Salary Range: Unpaid [Volunteer Position]
Benefit: Boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable teaching experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK