Volunteer in Latin America with Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: NPH USA International Volunteer Program
Do you love children? Are you interested in serving in Latin America for a year?
- NPH USA helps screen, place and support volunteers who serve for a year or more in one of the nine homes of Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH): Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Bolivia, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Haiti. For over 65 years Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos has provided a loving home to orphaned, abandoned and at-risk children. Children are not up for adoption, but live in a family environment where they receive love, education, health care, and life skills.
- Volunteers must commit for a year, and have a job on site during the day. Most volunteers work in education, administration and health care. In addition to their job, volunteers spend time with a group of children each evening. Volunteers live in community with other international volunteers from around the world.
- NPH provides room and board, a modest stipend, and access to limited health care. NPH USA provides international health insurance. Volunteers must pay for their flights to and from the countries where they serve and any extra spending money.
- Most of the homes accept volunteers to begin in either July or January, and it is best to apply 6-9 months in advance of the start date. We have a July 1 deadline for January applications, and a January 1 deadline for July applications. We accept applications after those deadlines, but we like to receive them all by the same date if possible. Please apply even if the deadline has passed.
- Please check out the different positions being offered at the www.nph.org site. We continuously update the positions that will be open. We always need volunteers to serve in education (as teachers and tutors), medical (nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists), communication, and coordination.
To learn more and apply, visit the www.nph.org website.
For US applicants, contact Jennifer Foster, International Engagement Manager at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For all other applicants, contact Lauren Pach, International Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Apdo. Postal 830San Pedro de Macorís, 60602Dominican Republic
December 30, 2021