Strong Start GO Mobile Pre-K Academies Early Education Mentors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: ReInvent Schools Las Vegas AmeriCorps Program
**AMERICORPS SERVICE OPPORTUNITY - Participation in a program of national and community service as an AmeriCorps Member does not constitute employment and should not supplant full time income**
AmeriCorps Members are required to complete 450 - 900 hours* of service for a 9 - 12 month* commitment from September 2021 - August 2022* serving in the Las Vegas community.
*Stipend, education award, and hours vary depending on the position accepted.
The city of Las Vegas is committed to creating a diverse environment in which all social groups are represented, and that closely matches the diversity of the communities we serve. We want to ensure every applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or disability.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss disability accommodation for those requiring application or interview support, for more information please contact Audrey Forbes at 702-229-2609.
Strong Start GO Mobile Pre-K Academies (GO)
1. Early Education Mentors: Members will serve in the assigned mobile pre-k program providing academic interventions including cognitive, social-emotional, and physical growth and development.
- 900 hour positions (2 positions available)
> Service Dates: September 2021 - May 2022
> Stipend is up to $9,000 for the 9-month term ($450.00 bi-weekly)
> Education Award: $3,172.50
> Required hours: During the school day for 30 hours per week
> 7.5 hours per day, Monday-Thursday
- Living stipend up to $11,960* (distributed evenly bi-weekly)
- Education Award up to $4,441.50* upon successful completion of program
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Member Assistance Program (ex: free counseling sessions, work/life resources & referrals, etc.)
*Dependent on position offered
- Strong interest in community service and/ or social work
- Dedication to the community, passion for service, and ability to commit to full length of service
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate online systems and email
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated, and professional
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from supervisors and program staff
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations from all socioeconomic backgrounds and adapt to any environment
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics, and integrity
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Ability to commit to 9-12 months of service
- At least 17 years of age by the program start date
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, or agree to obtain prior to using the education award
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME