ONLINE YOUTH PROGRAM PARTICIPANT
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Learning Disabilities Association - Toronto District
DO YOU WANT TO CREATE COMMUNITY CHANGE WHILE GAINING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE?
Find out how with The Y.I.E.L.D program!
The Y.I.E.L.D (Youths' Initiative and Excellence with LD'S) is a unique program designed to support LD youth to gain valuable skills and increase civic engagement opportunities that will benefit them in life and work while making a difference in their community.
We have transitioned to ONLINE program delivery and continue to train and connect youth to opportunities.
Three Pillars of Program:
· Co-creation of Youth Service Projects: With the support of program facilitators participants will create community service projects that will make a positive impact in their community
· Professional Leadership Training: Participants will be offered a series of certified workshops that will give them actionable leadership skills for future endeavors
· Direct Civic Engagement: With the engagement of community organizations and collaborators, participants will develop community service projects within their community
· Youth who are 15-30 years of age
· Youth who struggle with the impacts of LD and/or ADHD, Newcomer Youth
· Youth who are eager to learn about the social service sector, gain industry certifications and connect directly with service providers
· Youth who are responsible, reliable and can commit 120 hours over a period of 4 months
· Earn valuable industry certifications including the Yield program certification, Project Management Training, CPR/First Aid, High 5 training
· Free snacks & course materials
· Attend Professional Development Conferences at NO cost
· Develop professional references for your future career while gaining field experience
· EMPOWER yourself and the community through volunteerism
To apply: https://www.ldatd.on.ca/yieldprogram/ or call at 437-237-1680
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Toronto, ON M5V 0P1Canada
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK